You can find good video cameras for less than $300
There are times you want to buy a video camera but you’re not willing to spend a lot of money. That is not a big issue because you can still look into the best video cameras under $300.
If you don’t want to be disappointed, you must not raise your expectations. That doesn’t mean you need to accept any old camera because it is cheap. It is still possible to get great value for money buying affordable cameras for under $300.
Best Compact Video Cameras under $300
The closer you are able to get to $300, the more powerful the features you will get with your video camera. Price isn’t everything when it comes to choosing the best video camera but it does play a part in getting the device that will provide better quality.
Canon VIXIA HF R400 HD Camcorder
The Canon VIXIA HF R400 shows that it is possible for you to get a really compact and a really efficient camcorder for as little as $300. This product comes with genuine Canon HD video lenses, lenses that will be able to capture your best moments with utter ease.
The 53x Advanced zoom, optical image stabilization and the amazing range of the camcorder make it quite popular among the users. The camera uses the 3.28 MP Full HD CMOS Image Sensor and the DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor. It is capable of capturing videos quite fast as well- with a frame resolution of 1920 x 1080, it is possible for you to record HD videos with this product!
You will be able to record a full video directly onto the SD card which can be removed later and shared, with ease! This is a camera that is specially meant for capturing moving shots and subjects and it does it quite amazingly. This camcorder comes with a 3 inch capacitive touch panel LCD that allows you to control the specs and also to see a small preview of what you are recording and what you have already done.
The sleek and trendy design of this camera, draws users to it. Though small in size, users say that this camera is loaded with features that can take photography and video shooting to a different level altogether. The picture is clear and crisp with good resolution and color. The audio features are lauded by those who own this camera, with most of them praising the external mic support and headphone plug that makes this one of the best video cameras under $300 available on the market.
Best Camcorder under $300 on the Market
If you are interested in an efficient Handycam that will allow you to record high quality, HD videos without compromising on the quality of the photos, Sony HDR-PJ230/B is the best camcorder for you.
The camcorder can record 1920 x 1080 60 p videos and take photographs with 8.9 MP resolution! The low-light sensitivity and the zooming capacities of the video camera is quite stunning. The image quality has drastically improved in this version of the Sony Handycam. There is no trace of grain and the back illuminated Exmore R CMOS sensor ensures that the picture quality stays amazing, no matter what light is used.
The 2.7 inch LCD screen has very good resolution and allows you to preview your object of interest before taking a snap. This sensor has been designed specifically for compact camcorders and recorders, so the diodes are located right above the system circuitry. It maximizes the light gathered per pixel- making low light imagery stunning. The camcorder comes with an 8 GB memory card- large enough to capture multiple videos till you manage to transfer a few to your hard disk. Priced at about $300, it is certainly one of the cheapest camcorders of the bunch!
Users like that this camcorder has great resolution. Videos taken on it, are quite sharp and the color is true, with no grains or blur, when taken both outdoors and indoors. The zoom is crystal clear too and videos turn out beautiful even on zoom. Easy connectivity to media peripherals allow to view the pictures and videos taken with the camcorder on an HDTV, in a jiffy, making this one of the best video cameras under $300.
Best Waterproof Action Camcorder under $300
This GoPro HERO3 Silver Edition is certainly one of the top selling helmet cameras and with good reason. This professional waterproof helmet cam has 1090p, 30fps; 960p 48 fps and 720p and 60 fps video capture. The still image photograph resolution is 11MP and is quite crisp.
There is a 10 image burst option for capturing 10 awesome stills per second as well. It has WI-Fi for easy transfer and you can use a WI-Fi remote if you like. Waterproof housing means you won’t damage or ruin this sophisticated camcorder, no matter where you are. The silver edition comes with the basic hardware and mounts to attach it to your gear. It costs about $300 and has a decent rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars.
Users love the convenient smartphone compatibility of this helmet cam. The software installation and updating is relatively easy, and even those who are not tech savvy can easily use this camera. You can simply manually update the firmware compatible with the camera. The camera does not freeze and is simply the best in its class, top notch.
Features you Should Expect from a Video Camera under $300
- What will make your decision easier is if you know a little bit about video camera features and what you plan to do with your camera. If all you want to do is occasionally use a camera to film family events and holidays, there is no need to worry too much about all the features you will get with your device. It is possible that you will never use all the features that are available in most modern cameras.
- If you have a wide screen TV, you will need a video camera that supports 1080p so that you can watch playbacks of your videos on your TV. That is an important feature to have because that is what most computer screens and TV screens now offer.
- Image stabilizer is another feature that you need to have because you will not be able to film everything with your camera on a tripod. Having high definition is the minimum you can ask for from most modern cameras.
- Another attribute that must be expected from the list of best video cameras under $300 will be the ability to record directly to flash. This also implies that you must pay attention to the amount of flash memory that comes with the appliance you are thinking of buying. 16 GB is the minimum that will give you at least an hour of recording. If you can get 32 GB, that will be even better.
- A camera that performs well in low light is also a great addition for moments when you need to film indoors. Most people don’t realize that party lights might be sufficient for human eyes but most digital video cameras will need additional light in order to provide good quality. Most camcorders offer 3 to 4 megapixels. This is normally sufficient for playback on widescreen the TVs.
Now that you have an idea of what to look for in video cameras, here are a few more to consider: